Shalimar Fox (played by Victoria Pratt) is a character on the television show Mutant X. A younger version of her was played by Alexandra Schofield.
Shalimar Fox is one of the genetically engineered individuals called "New Mutants" who possess superhuman abilities.
Shalimar Fox has a difficult relationship with her family, forming one of the subplots of the show's early seasons. She is currently a member of the organization Mutant X, which attempts to see to the welfare of New Mutants, as well as preventing them from abusing their powers.
Shalimar was called by the hero name Shadow Fox in early drafts of the show before they decided not to use hero names.
Shalimar is very protective and can be short-tempered when others she cares about are hurt. This is shown in the the first episode when she gets angry at Emma for insulting Jesse. She is very kind as she does convince Adam to give Emma a second chance. Like all Feline Ferals, Shalimar displays great sociability and is extremely territorial like Ursine and Canine Ferals. She prefers her meat medium well done.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Shalimar is a Feral, which means that her DNA was spliced with animal DNA resulting in either physical or mental characteristics of the animal. She is extremely athletic.
Feline Physiology: Shalimar possesses Feline characteristics, granting her enhanced physical abilities that are well beyond normal human capability. Her Feline characteristics are that of a cougar. As a result, her strength, athleticism, senses, instincts and metabolism function in a far greater capacity than normal humans. When using her abilities, her eyes sometimes take on a glowing yellow cougar-like appearance.
- Superhuman Strength: Shalimar's Feline powers make her very athletic, and her strength is considerably greater than normal human beings. Subsequently, she is able to bend steel objects, rip apart metallic web, and knock a human unconscious with one punch.
- Leaping Ability: Shalimar's superhuman strength grants her the ability to leap across tremendous heights and distances, and make incredible acrobatic feats in the air. She is also able to use these acrobatic feats as an advantage during fights with other humans and Ferals.
- Enhanced Speed: Shalimar is able to run and move at speeds much faster than even the finest normal human athlete, allowing her to rival the speed of a thrown knife.
- Superhumanly Acute Senses: Shalimar possesses superhumanly acute senses of sight, smell, and hearing comparable to those of certain animals. She is capable of seeing with greater clarity and at greater distances than an ordinary human, and retains this same clarity, even in near-total darkness. Also, her enhanced sight allows her to see phenomena beyond normal, for example, infra-red radiation. Her hearing is enhanced similarly, enabling her to both hear sounds that ordinary humans can't and to hear at much greater distances. Shalimar is able to use her sense of smell to hunt and track a target by scent.
- Danger Sense: After further mutations, Shalimar is able to feel a danger to herself, like she has eyes at the back of her head threatening to overwhelm her human side.
- Superhuman Agility: Shalimar's natural agility, balance, and coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the human body's natural limits
- Superhuman Reflexes: Her natural reaction time is enhanced to levels beyond the human body's natural limits.
- Enhanced Metabolism: Enhanced Metabolism allows her to heal wounds and injuries much faster than an ordinary normal human.
- Martial Arts: Like all the other members of Mutant X, she is also a skilled martial artist.
- Technology Usage: Like all the other members of Mutant X, Shalimar has usage of technology such as her com-link ring, Sanctuary computers and the Double Helix.
- Pyrophobia: Like all Feline Ferals, Shalimar has a heightened fear of fire.
- Hypnosis: As she is part animal, she is prone to the form of hypnosis.
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shalimar_Fox"